Under 10s games are played from 9:45am to 11:00am on Saturday Mornings weekly
There will be no ladder or finals. The competition starts on 30 April and continues until 3 September 2022. There are no games on the following days due to either school holidays - 25 June, 2, 9 & 16 July.
The draw can be found below.
Games are played when it is raining, except in extreme weather conditions. notices will be placed on the association Facebook page.
The U10 coordinator can be contacted via email at Under10s@haw.net.au
GUIDELINES FOR U10 HOCKEY
1. Winning and competitiveness are to be kept in perspective.
2. The main aims of U10s are enjoyment, sportmanship, team work and skill development
3. Positive comments are welcome at all times
4. There is to be NO criticism of players or umpires.
5. Coaches are to encourage positional play and rotate players to provide equal opportunity to learn different positions and skills.
6. Clubs are to provide an umpire and coach for their teams.
RULES OF U10 HOCKEY
1. There will be no Goal keeper.
2. The ball must stay on the ground at all times.
3. Dangerous play is not allowed.
4. The stick must not be raised above the shoulders when near other players.
5. No big swings when other players are very close by.
6. Push the ball when other players are very close by.
7. When a free hit is taken, all other players must be at least 3 metres away from the ball.
8. A free hit near the goal will be taken back so that the hit is taken at least 5 metres from the goal, so that it is not dangerous.
9. A goal cannot be scored directly from a free hit. The ball must hit an attacker’s stick before a goal can be scored.
10. A goal can be scored from anywhere once the player is over the half way line, in their attacking half.
11. You must not push another player at any time.
12. You cannot push yourself in between a player and the ball if they have control of the ball.
13. You cannot shepherd another player away from the ball or prevent them from tackling another player.
14. You cannot swing your stick at the stick of another player with the ball.
15. If a ball hits another players foot and that player gains an advantage, then a free hit will be given against them.
16. If the ball is accidently played over the back line by either team, then the defenders have a free hit 5 metres from the goal line, where the ball went out.
17. If a defender hits the ball over the back line deliberately, a free hit is taken by the attackers from the nearest corner of the ground.
18. All dangerous hitting and any dangerous play, must be penalised immediately.
19. Umpires are to indicate to any player why they are being penalised.
Rules for U10 Hockey have been modified from the Hockey Australia half Field Rules.