posted on May 26, 2019 05:08
Please read and pass on to all HAW Hockey family and friends.
Recently we found out that a member of the HAW family has been given some terrible news. Andrew Maggs (long-time member of Magpies and 261 games for Spitfires) has been diagnosed with cancer and requires immediate treatment. The Magpies club are joining forces with Hockey Albury Wodonga and all its clubs to host a fundraiser on July 20 to raise money. The function will be a Cocktail Party with a Major Auction and raffles on the night. More details to come.
For now, we need donations for auction and raffle items. There is already a committee working behind the scenes. We are asking all who know the Maggs family to show your support by donating or seeking donations for the night. Donations can be in the form of vouchers, products, services or hamper items. Every donation helps.
• Holiday house accommodation, AFL game tickets
• Vouchers (restaurant, hairdresser, day spa, photography, retail stores, coffee card, massage, yoga, golf, etc.)
• Products (artwork, memorabilia, movie passes, firewood)
• Hamper items for themed hampers (sporting goods, baby gifts, ladies and mens gifts, food/produce, chocolates, wine, beer, candles, bbq tools, soap, etc.)
• Services (landscaping, handy man or trade services)
Think about who you know, where you work and what you could source or offer as a donation for the night. Donations can be given to Darryl or Chantel at Magpies training/games or the HAW office.
We also need several volunteers to help on the night so please register your name with Darryl if you can assist.
Let’s all jump on board - rally together and promote this event. It is sure to be a fun night for all as well as supporting an important cause.