posted on November 15, 2021 01:24
This year Academy is split into two separate Academies – Junior Academy (U11, U13 & U15) and U18 Academy
- Representative team selection is not part of Academy (but there is a question on interest on the form)
- Dominic Wild has been appointed Head Coach of Academy and will be overseeing the Academy program for consistency across the playing groups. Dom has played club hockey locally & has nearly a decade playing for the Spitfires. He has extensive experience coaching, specialising in juniors, both locally & in Scotland.
- Timeframes are different for both and timely registration is critical for organisation.
Junior Academy – registration is here
- Age groups are U11, U13 & U15
- It will run on a Monday night, starting on 31 Jan and run to 14 Mar inclusive from 5.30 to 7pm at Albury.
- The cost is $80 and includes a shirt. If you have a shirt from last year then the cost is reduced by $20.
- This form must be submitted before 11 January.
U18 Academy – registration is here
- It will run on a Thursday night for seven weeks, starting on 13 Jan from 6.30 to 8pm at Albury. This training will be held simultaneously with our Spitfire teams.
- In addition to the Academy, the HAW Board has partnered with O-Health to develop a 11 week strength and conditioning program which will run in conjunction with our Academy. The program provides education, injury prevention, improved performance & a strength and conditioning program created to reflect unique demands of hockey
- The O-Health program is part of the Academy program. It will provide the opportunity to further enhance hockey fitness and skills. It starts with a screening test which must be completed by 17 December to allow time for data analysis and design of the program. The strength and conditioning program will commence in January and will run for an hour each week. Time and day is to be confirmed but we are looking at Mondays.
- The cost is $240 for the Academy program and this will include the O-Health program and a shirt. If you are part of the Southern Sport Academy, you will not be doing the O-Health program as you are already doing this as part of SSA and your fee will be $80 including a shirt. If you have a shirt from last year then the cost is reduced by $20.
- This form must be submitted before 3 December.
posted on November 11, 2021 01:41
From Janne and Ross Maggs
Our beautiful son Andrew passed away on Sunday morning, 7 November. We are heartbroken. A celebration of his wonderful life will be held Wednesday 17 November at 1.00 pm on the 4th fairway at the Maryborough Golf Club, Park Road, Maryborough, Vic.
We would like to thank everyone who has sent messages and we are sorry if we haven't responded to you all. Know that your kind thoughts and words are appreciated.
The celebration of Andrew’s life will be live streamed at the Commercial Club Albury (Auditorium) for all those who can't attend the service at Maryborough. To attend the Commercial Club you must be double vaccinated. For those unable to attend, streaming details will follow here
posted on October 24, 2021 19:42
Notice is hereby given that the 2021 Annual General Meeting of Hockey Albury Wodonga Inc will be held as follows:
Date: Monday 15 November 2021
Venue: Hockey Albury Wodonga Clubroom, Alexandra Park, Cadell Street, Albury
Nominations are open for the following Board of Management Director positions:
- Athlete Development
- Senior Representative Hockey.
- Finance & Facilities,
- Carnivals & Special Events, and
- Marketing, Promotion & Media,
Nominations must be in by 1 November.
Last years minutes and all forms are available on the HAW web here.
posted on October 22, 2021 21:10
If you are passionate about hockey & the growth of this sport in our region this may just be the job for you!
Thanks to our new affiliation with Hockey ACT there is a position currently available for a Participation Officer.
Details of the position can be found on the link below with applications to close November 8th.
Click here for more information
posted on October 21, 2021 22:34
Twilight start date is now 2 November, not 26 October..
Information is being sent to team captains via email,
posted on October 05, 2021 00:18
Congratulations to the winners of the HAW awards this year
- MAC Award (Motivation, Achievement & Contribution) - Don Cullen, Wodonga
- Most Promising Goal Keeper - Patrick Baine, Wombats
- Junior Umpire Award - Eliza Brown, Wodonga
Best & Fairest for all divisions.
- Division 1 Men - Noah Erdeljac, Magpies
- Division 1 Women - Jess Madden, Falcons
- Division 2 Men - Ned McCarron, Magpies
- Division 2 Women - Madeline Poulton, Norths
- Division 3 Men - Craig Pontt, Wodonga
- Division 3 Women - Bella Green, United
- Masters Women - Linda Sumbler, Norths
- U17 Boys - Campbell Cull, United
- U17 Girls - Bella Heagney, United
- U14 Boys - Tate Bevan, Wodonga & Alex Pearce, Magpies (joint)
- U14 Girls - Amilie Griffin, Wangaratta
- U12 Boys - Eli Semple, Phantoms (Wombats)
- U12 Girls - Gemma Paterson, Falcons
Points tallies are in the attached documents
posted on October 03, 2021 22:25
Our Awards are being announced on FaceBook on 4 October, here
Points tallies will be released on the HAW web on Thursday 7 October.
posted on October 03, 2021 22:17
As we have not played finals this year our Premierships are awarded to our Minor Premiers for the year
- United - Division 1 Mens Minor Premiers
- Falcons - Division 1 Womens Minor Premiers
- United - Division 2 Mens Minor Premiers
- Falcons - Division 2 Womens Minor Premiers
- Norths - Division 3 Mens Minor Premiers
- Norths - Division 3 Womens Minor Premiers
- Wodonga - U17 Boys Minor Premiers
- Wodonga White & Wombats - Joint U17 Girls Minor Premiers
- Wodonga - U14 Boys Minor Premiers
- Wombats-Scots - U14 Girls Minor Premiers
- United - U12 Boys Minor Premiers
- Norths-Magpies - U12 Girls Minor Premiers
- Norths - Master Womens Minor Premiers.
Final ladders for the 2021 season (equalised points as per the HAW by-laws) are attached
posted on September 15, 2021 23:29
Post discussions at the 2020 AGM on HAW Affiliation for 2022, a committee was formed and has during the course of this year collected information and made a recommendation to the Board.
An information night will be held for all members/players/supporters on Monday September 27 at the Albury clubrooms at 6.30pm.
There will be a Special General Meeting on Monday October 11, also at 6.30pm, at the Albury clubrooms to vote on Affiliation for 2022.
For more information on the offer from each Peak Body or how to attend via Zoom, please contact your club.
posted on September 09, 2021 23:43
With the Victorian restrictions, the border crossing requirements and finally the NSW government announcing that community sport will not happen until NSW hits the 80 per cent double dose vaccination target, we can confirm that the Hockey Albury Wodonga Season is cancelled. This is very unfortunate considering the work and effort that has gone into season 2021, and how much of the season was actually completed.
Minor Premierships are to be awarded in recognition of the significant amount of the season that was able to be played. Individual awards will still be presented.
We acknowledge the effort of all our member clubs and their committees who have worked hard during this interrupted season.