posted on July 27, 2021 06:43
From midnight 27 July 2021 we can play/train. Forr us to continue to play we MUST abide by the rules.
- All who enter our grounds MUST check in
- Masks must be worn (unless you have a medical exemption). You can remove your mask when you go on the field if you are a participant/umpire. Coaches/managers and any other person at the ground must keep their mask on at all times
VICTORIA - GAMES & TRAINING
- We can play/train in Victoria but are limited to minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity (i.e. players, coaches)
- There can be NO spectators. This doesn’t include people necessary for the events such as managers, coaches or umpires. Children under the age of 16 can have one carer, parent or guardian.
NEW SOUTH WALES - GAMES & TRAINING
- We can play/train in NSW
- There can be spectators but they are capped at 1 person per four square metres
posted on July 20, 2021 01:45
With the extension of Victorian lock down for another week, this weekends Hockey Albury Wodonga junior, senior & masters competition scheduled for 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th of July will be CANCELLED.
These games will not be rescheduled, will not be counted in anyway shape or form.
Further to this
- Capital league are able to play this weekend in Albury with NSW residents as players,
- Training can proceed in NSW for NSW residents,
- Any member of a Victorian club who lives in NSW and wishes to access the fields for some training can come down on Thursday night on AHC2 from 5pm
posted on May 27, 2021 02:51
From 11:59pm this evening, Thursday 27 May 2021, Victoria will enter a 7-day lockdown.
This means that, among all other restrictions, all Hockey activities in Victoria must be suspended. As we are a border community and our clubs have members on both sides of the border, this means that we will not have any games this weekend and there can be no training in Victoria. For Albury clubs, they can continue to train but only for their members who live in NSW. This is in force at this stage until to 11:59pm on Thursday 3 June 2021.
In terms of Hockey Albury Wodonga’s competitions, this means that the following competitions will not go ahead during this lockdown period:
- Junior competitions on Friday 28 and Saturday 29 May 2021
- Senior competitions on Saturday 29 May and Sunday 30 May 2021
- Masters competitions on Monday 31 May 2021
- Xypex Spitfires games on Saturday 29 May and Sunday 30 May 2021
Clubs will be notified in the coming days of how we plan to manage the fixtured rounds of Hockey that will not occur due to the lockdown.
At this stage, we intend to restart all Hockey activities on Friday 4 June but this is subject to change.
We will provide further updates as soon as any relevant information becomes available.
posted on March 27, 2021 00:29
HOCKEY ALBURY WODONGA with Hockey Australia are pleased to announce
Hook into Hockey Tiger Moths School Vacation program
When: Tues 6th, Wed 7th, Thur 8th April
Tues 13th, Wed 14th, Thur 15th April
from 1pm to 4pm each day
Register for one day or for more
Where: Alexandra Park Hockey Fields, Cadell St, East Albury
Who: Primary age students
Secondary students who are new to hockey
Bring: Mouthguard, hat & drink. If you have a stick or shinpads please bring them, or we have some for you to borrow.
posted on March 02, 2021 03:00
A fantastic business opportunity for a hospitality professional at our growing sporting Association!
HOCKEY ALBURY WODONGA CANTEEN LEASE OPPORTUNITY
The Hockey Albury Wodonga board is currently seeking expressions of interest to operate the canteen on a lease agreement over the winter season.
This would include:
- Operation at all matches at the Alexandra Park facility on Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays. Season runs from the 27 March through to the second weekend in September. Details of games/draws will be provided.
- Operator to provide appropriate canteen food and drinks. The menu to be approved by the Hockey Albury Wodonga board.
- The successful applicant must provide a current Food Safety Certificate, Drivers License, Responsible Service of Alcohol Competency card and a NSW Working with Children Check as part of agreement.
- Hockey Albury Wodonga has the option to operate separate BBQ or Food Stalls during fundraising days or carnivals. Mutual agreement between the Board & canteen operator to be confirmed prior to these events.
- Operator would commit to a Lease Agreement and pay a monthly lease fee accordingly, with operator to retain all profits from canteen food & drink sales. Drink sales exclude Bar sales, which may continue to operate separately from canteen.
Please register your interest on the attached form to Hockey Albury Wodonga by Wednesday 16 March via firstname.lastname@example.org
All enquires to Cayte Campbell on 0417 688 852
posted on February 08, 2021 04:30
Clubs are having their registration days now!
Details on each club is in the attached document.
Or just come down to the Albury Hockey Centre on Sunday 21 February between 10am and noon.
posted on January 15, 2021 00:14
Are you aged between 5 & 13 and would like to try hockey? We have the program for you - TigerMoths Come & Try. Click here for more information
posted on December 16, 2020 00:28
Nominations for HAW Junior Academy/Representative Hockey are now open & close on January 11. Please register here.
HAW Summer Academy will run as follows:
* U13's and U15's will be on a Monday night and run from 1 February to 15 March inclusive from 5.30 to 7pm.
* U18's will be part of senior Spitfire training on Thursday nights from 4 February to 18 March inclusive at 6.30pm
The cost is $80 for the Academy and this will include a shirt. Any players who pay before February 13 will get the early bird discounted cost of only $75. If you have a shirt from last year then the cost is reduced by $20. Please deposit monies to our bank account:
Account name: Hockey Albury Wodonga
Reference: Your name & Academy
Representative players for the Junior Country Championships will be chosen from those at Academy. Anyone who wishes to play at the Junior Country Championships and is unable to participate in Academy MUST fill out the Academy/Representative form and enter details in the exemption part prior to the Academy starting. The reason for exemption will be sent to the Director of Junior Representative hockey for approval. Approval will be notified to the player in writing. You cannot JUST turn up to trial. Only Academy participants and those with an approved Academy exemption are allowed to participate in the trials and selection this year.
Anyone who is successful in getting into the Representative team and is either 13, 14, 15 or 16 in 2020 will be required to do ball person duties for Capital League games twice during the year as part of their agreement to be selected.
posted on October 15, 2020 03:40
Notice is hereby given that the 2020 Annual General Meeting of Hockey Albury Wodonga Inc will be held as follows:
Date: Monday 9 November 2020
Venue: Hockey Albury Wodonga Clubroom, Alexandra Park, Cadell Street, Albury
Nominations are open for the following Board of Management positions:
- Finance & Facilities,
- Carnivals & Special Events,
- Marketing, Promotion & Media,
- Junior Representative Hockey, and
- Senior Representative Hockey.
Nominations must be in by 26 October.
Last years minutes and all forms are available on the HAW web here.
posted on October 09, 2020 04:54
Twilight will run this year on a Tuesday night.
Nominations are open and will close on Sunday 18 October. We need a minimum of 8 teams for the competition to go ahead. No late entries accepted.
If you are an individual and do not have a team, please let the office know and we will put you in touch with a team who needs players.
Twilight dates will be: 20-Oct, 27-Oct, 03-Nov, 10-Nov, 17-Nov, 24-Nov, 01-Dec & 08-Dec